The last article I wrote discussed what I am convinced will be a major shopping trend of the future – drop ship. I’m excited to say that we’re about to create a solution along exactly these lines with one of our more innovative companies, they win numerous awards here and overseas for their innovation and have a very successful business as a result – its going to be huge, it will include a large retail chain. I’ll keep you posted.
Meantime I want to share another idea that I think has legs that SCS clients can uniquely take to their retailers to add more value and acheive competitive advantages for them and their retailers.
NFC – Near Field Communication.
Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjWwlzRYBM
This revolutionary way of shopping is resonating with a growing number of shoppers and literally changing consumer buying behaviour.
- Scan the QR code and download the shopping cart app
- tap the phone on the item you want (NFC) or scan the QR code to select it
- This adds the item to your cart
- You can also research the product, who’s using it, what goes with it, specifications etc…
- Buy it
- Take it now
- Have it delivered to your home or work or giftwrapped and sent to your Mom with a personalised card (direct from the fulfilment center (that’s us) – we do this already btw for a couple of clients).
This technology is creating exceptional customer experiences
We’re working with this technology now – our aim is to offer this technology exclusively to SCS clients – stay tuned.
Here is a good (quick) article on NFC http://hypi.st/nfc-near-field-communication-is-this-the-future-of-shopping/
Adapt or Die, there are companies out there wanting to cut your lunch, we’re building formidable supply chain technology to keep you ahead of the bunch!