2019 has seen SCS sign off a larger property deal; the new building will be a purpose built facility on Tidal Road which is approximately 4km to the East of our current buildings. It has a target completion date of January 2021.
The team is very excited about the opportunity to move into this building. Some of the features and benefits are:
- Fully drive around facility which means one way traffic
- Safer working environment
- Better workflow
- Closer to the South-Western motorway which will result in faster route to market and freight hubs
- An increase of capacity of 8000 pallets
- Designed to have its back to the prevailing wind which means cleaner facility
- A purpose built collection point to ensure the public do not access the yard
- Robotics solutions Dan and the IT team will be developing
- Training room, cafe
- Fully kitted out offices for our ever expanding businesses … Brad wants to make them the Google offices of Auckland (sleeping pods, couches, breakout spaces, slides and the list goes on! We are considering a playground for the kids, café and crèche)
- We will house Glass Elephant (our Digital Agency) and Kollab (our Creative Agency) so we will be able to showcase our end-to-end offer for Direct-To-Consumer clients including how we can help them market and sell their products on-line using cutting edge techniques then backed up by the leading fulfillment 3PL in NZ
We have been lucky to work with 3 fantastic partners to enable this deal
- Jamsheed Sidhwa (Jamsheed.Sidhwa@bayleys.co.nz). Jamsheed has been working with us for over 5 years trying to help us achieve a deal like this, there has been a lot of false starts and lots of learning on the way. If you need a commercial real estate person he is your man!
- Aintree Construction (www.aintreegroup.co.nz). Richard and Brian have construction in the blood, the family have created some amazing buildings of which we have visited many and now finally they are building one for us.
- PFI (www.propertyforindustry.co.nz). The team at PFI has pulled together a great deal for us, they are fast, proactive and solution focused.
The team at SCS is being pragmatic about the build process as we keep hearing the “stories” but we are keeping a close eye on it and will keep you updated to the progress.
Philip Walsh, CFO